04 September 2013

Datation of Japanese Pens. I. Introduction

Japanese fountain pens are, in general, easy to date precisely. Many of the pen companies have systematically engraved their nibs if some code reflecting the time in which they were struck. In some cases there is even more information.


The well-known dating code on a Pilot nib.

Here I am starting a series of texts on the dating codes of some pens. I am well aware that some of the information might be well known and available in from a number of sources. I will, nonetheless, repeat it with the aim in mind of providing a website with as much information as possible. But I also hope to offer some information that is not known.

These are the Chronicles of this series:
I. Introduction
II. Pilot Nibs
III. Pilot's Pen Bodies
IV. Platinum Nibs
V. Sailor Nibs
VI. Sailor's Pen Bodies


Twsbi Diamond 530, Kubo Kohei's music nibGary’s Red-black

Bruno Taut
Machida, September 3rd, 2013
etiquetas: Japón

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry, wich is the model of pilot pen ?
I loved this nib...

Bruno Taut said...

It is a Pilot Grandee in Sterling Silver. You can see the cap of this pen on this picture: http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-g8dgPTN39pQ/UjKNHsdt5AI/AAAAAAAAGb4/zsPcPuwAhLE/s1600/IMG_1964-blog-WM.jpg

It is great writer, albeit the pen is a bit too thin for my hands.

Thanks for passing by and commenting.

BT

Post a Comment

Your comments are welcome and appreciated.